0 A.D. Pre-Alpha 2 Released

Jeru

Wildfire Games proudly announces the release of a second pre-alpha version of 0 A.D., a free, open-source game of ancient warfare. Although it's not a playable release yet, it includes a new pathfinding system, training queues, a dynamic minimap and more. This progress in gameplay, graphics, audio, and GUI brings us closer to the alpha version set in July.

Easy to Download and Install

Download and installation instructions are available for Windows, OS X and Linux.

prealpha2button-win.png

prealpha2button-mac-linux.png

New Features

To recap, some of the changes since the last pre-alpha include:

• Added new unit movement system, for precise pathfinding and obstacle avoidance.
  • Added training queues in buildings.
  • Added units to the minimap.
  • Added initial audio integration with gameplay code.
  • Gameplay fixes in projectile models and population bonuses.
  • Graphics fixes in unit outline shapes and animation synchronisation.
  • For modders and developers: Added automatic RNG validation of entity template XML files; Added documentation of entity template XML file format.
  • Fixed compatibility bugs with Windows x64 and with OS X.
  • Various other changes and bug fixes and optimisations - see the SVN log.

An overview of the gameplay feature status is on our wiki. There is still a lot of work to be done, though. If you want to be part of this effort too, you're welcome to get involved!

Don't Be a Stranger

Wildfire Games will continue releasing new versions of 0 A.D. periodically. Watch our news feed to keep updated, or follow us by e-mail, RSS, Facebook or Twitter. And you're always welcome to join the 0 A.D. community on our forums.

email.png rss.png facebook.png twitter.png moddb.png

Edited by Jeru

Well, i think the trainig and building buttons are a bit too small ... i had actually trouble reading the descriptions. I would suggest to enlarge them a bit.

Also, i had some problems that my workers would just stop collecting resources after a time.

Otherwise, it's great. Nice to hear some music and sound. Also, it's great that units do now correctly take their positions as they march to a location.

Looking forward to July!

Great work folks!

Currently downloading from SVN after I tried the pre-alpha 2 package, and I'm going to svn up and test the game regularly. I want to keep an eye on this as this has been a long-time dream - a decent historical RTS for Linux!

Thanks a lot for your effort! :D

• 1 month later...