svn 7265

You are welcome, It all might work faster and might spam less the forum if i knew about a way how to get these reports directly to you (developers).. IM (preferably jabber) but i'd understand if you prefer this way

I was wondering if you could use my help one day as a supportive programmer.. i am studying c++ at the moment (but unfortunately a have exams ahead so there's no use to apply now)

It all might work faster and might spam less the forum if i knew about a way how to get these reports directly to you (developers)..

Bug reports via forum are fine by me. Spam isn't that big an issue (search capability is there anyway, and I don't see a relevant limit on the DB).

In case you'd like to get in touch with us directly, IM contacts are in our forum profile - but it may not always be clear whom to ask about a particular bit of code.

I was wondering if you could use my help one day as a supportive programmer.. i am studying c++ at the moment (but unfortunately a have exams ahead so there's no use to apply now)

We are always grateful for testing, reports of build problems on other platforms/distros, and help tackling any open tickets :) In particular, those tagged as 'simple' (i.e. self-contained) might be a good place to start.

Good luck with your exams!

One way is IRC (#0ad on QuakeNet), since I'm connected permanently and will see anything reported there. I suppose Jabber could work too - I've set up an account excors@jabber.org which should reach me. (If it's not a problem that I can fix, I can forward the information to someone who can (e.g. Jan) :))

We're always interested in help with programming (since there's a lot of it to do :P) - probably the best approach is to try to fix some bugs or add some small features (there's a list of a few here, and some more in Trac not in that list, and lots just TODOs in the code - I should probably spend some time adding things to the list, else I'll just forget them all); and try to get some familiarity with parts of the code while doing that, to see if it's a project you're interested and able to work on. Then if you want a more major role and are willing to give some time commitment and take on more responsibility for getting things done, it would be good to apply for the role :P

(Edit: Oops, I took too long before posting, and Jan beat me to it :P)