0 A.D. Release or fail?

Majicman182

What is 0AD programmed in. I'd like to help and in a couple of months might be able to join as a programmer. I am currently attending college majoring in Computer Science. When I tried to download the project a while back it failed and kicked me out. So I don't feel like trying to download it again for now. But if I can I would gladly help it get done faster.

What is 0AD programmed in. I'd like to help and in a couple of months might be able to join as a programmer. I am currently attending college majoring in Computer Science. When I tried to download the project a while back it failed and kicked me out. So I don't feel like trying to download it again for now. But if I can I would gladly help it get done faster.

When you download it again, and if you then get any errors, would you please post about them in the below forum? http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showforum=312 That way we can try and help you to get things working.

Perhaps some kind of 0AD recruitment banner people can put in their sigs in various forums could be made to help spread the word a bit more, and maybe find some new coders and such. It's not much but it may just catch someone's eye and give you that little bit of extra publicity.

Ok, I will try again. It would be cool to get working. Then I could run through the code and see what I could help with.

I could probably do some already, and I am taking a C++ class that starts on Jan 13th. And I already have programming experience so I might dive in right away.

Edited by HolyPhoenix

• 6 months later...

For a while, when I found out about 0 A.D. I feared that it would eventually die. But actually learning that it had already been over 7 years in development made my fear much smaller. Why? Because keeping the project running for such a long time shows that these are dedicated people, not just some random persons saying "hey let's make the best game ever!" Open-sourcing it made my fear fade even more, because someone could take over if they eventually gave up. And the recent start on AI work gives hope that 0 A.D. might become somewhat playable pretty soon (a few months).

So I'm more positive than ever that we'll get to see this game released sooner or later. :)