Compiling on Linux produces Windows binaries?

I downloaded the source code for 0 AD this morning via svn. I followed the Linux instructions at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildIn...ctions#LinuxOSX for building it, and everything proceeded without error on my Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit system. However, I don't have a file at ...trunk/binaries/pyrogenesis_dbg, so I don't know how to start the game. I downloaded the code a second time and repeating the process, but I ended up with the same situation.

I do have a ../trunk/binaries/pyrogenesis.exe, so I'm wondering if for some reason I built the Windows version of the game rather than the Linux one. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

pyrogenesis.exe is coming from SVN (it's auto-built for the convenience of our artists who run Windows).

pyrogenesis_dbg is also the Windows name - I believe it's called 0ad on Linux. Have you checked the most recently modified files in trunk/binaries and/or trunk/binaries/system? That should point out the build output.

Ah, then it's the same as on Windows.

(hm, someone posted the command line "0ad" from their Linux system, I wonder what that was..)

Looking in the build instructions:

"( cd ../../../binaries/system && ./pyrogenesis_dbg )"

that appears correct - have you already updated it? ;)

Thanks for the replies. The binary is the same as on Windows.

I think what happened is that pyrogenesis was failing to build because of the libboost issue described at http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12566, but for some reason when I compiled with 'make -j3' I wasn't getting any feedback about that error (or maybe I just missed it). I compiled again with a straight 'make', got the error message, resolved it by following the tip in that thread, and now have pyrogenesis_dbg in .../binaries/system.

Many thanks again for the help.

for some reason when I compiled with 'make -j3' I wasn't getting any feedback about that error (or maybe I just missed it).

hm, another instance of breakage due to parallel builds.. there's a small note about this in the build instructions, but perhaps not obvious enough. (I've now bold-faced the Note:)

Seems rather disconcerting that the compiler toolchain is this flaky. I'd recommend running non-parallel builds for now.

I compiled again with a straight 'make', got the error message, resolved it by following the tip in that thread, and now have pyrogenesis_dbg in .../binaries/system.

Glad to hear it ;)