Game compiling errors

It still sounds like you just need to use "eselect boost" (as idle suggested), so that it symlinks /usr/include/boost to the selected version-specific directory. Have you tried that, and does it fix the problem?

(As far as I'm aware this is just a Gentoo-specific issue, because it puts versions >=1.36 in slots and you have to select which one you want to use.)

there is already a symlink, the problem here is that the file is found in a different subdirectory ("missing" in /usr/include/boost/detail and found in /usr/include/boost/interprocess/smart_ptr/detail/)

oh, and yes, I did use eselect, just to make sure

Edited by Hugin

• 3 weeks later...

Hugin: Works fine for me with Boost 1.39 on Gentoo, but I got exactly the same problem as you after changing version - you have to run "make clean" and then "make" again, else the build system will get confused and look for old files.

creation: Works fine for me with Boost 1.35 and 1.36 and 1.39 on Gentoo, so it doesn't seem to be an obvious problem with Boost or with our usage of it. It might be an issue with openSUSE's packages, or with something weird on your local system, but I have no way of reproducing the problem so I can't tell what it is.