Rendering issue.

The thread 'RPC Callback Thread' (0xc0c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xc10) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

ERROR: Trying to use a sprite that doesn't exist ("snPortraitSheetButtonGaia").

ERROR: Trying to use a sprite that doesn't exist ("snPortraitSheetButtonGaia").

ERROR: Trying to use a sprite that doesn't exist ("snPortraitSheetButtonGaiaOver").

First-chance exception at 0x006caaf1 in pyrogenesis_dbg.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000009c.

Unhandled exception at 0x006caaf1 in pyrogenesis_dbg.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000009c.

First-chance exception at 0x006caaf1 in pyrogenesis_dbg.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000009c.

Unhandled exception at 0x006caaf1 in pyrogenesis_dbg.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000009c.

The program '[292] pyrogenesis_dbg.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

source/graphics/RenderableObject.h

// mark some part of the renderdata as dirty, and requiring
// an update on next render
void SetDirty(u32 dirtyflags) {
if (m_RenderData) m_RenderData->m_UpdateFlags|=dirtyflags;

That's what debugger pointed to when it crashed.

With SetDirty(uint32_t dirtyflags)

hm, it's safe to say that the cause is a NULL this pointer (offsetof m_RenderData is 0x9C, which is also the faulting address). Unfortunately this member function appears to be called often, so it's difficult to see what's going wrong. Did the game write a crashlog.dmp to %appdata%\0ad\logs? Posting that would be helpful.

ERROR: CXeromyces: Failed to find XML file art/actors/props/temp/quiver.xml

ERROR: CObjectManager::FindObjectBase(): Cannot find object 'props/temp/quiver.xml'

ERROR: Failed to build prop model "props/temp/quiver.xml" on actor "infantry_archer_b"

WARNING: missing a simulation turn due to low FPS

Basically these get repeated over 9000 times.

I might have missed more errors. It's really crushing my machine. I'm basically getting Frames per minute at this point. Within the game anyway.

No. The game didnt even crash. I had to kill the process to get rid of it.

hrm, it looks like you launched the game from the VS IDE. Could you please run it without a debugger so it has the chance to write out a crashlog?

What are the steps required to reproduce this problem?

WARNING: missing a simulation turn due to low FPS

Basically these get repeated over 9000 times.

hm, that's a vicious circle - if the framerate is too low, then a debug_printf raises that warning, which is quite slow, thus further lowering the framerate and so on.

What are your system specs? There's little that can be done here besides using a release build and/or disabling the warning.

The field amount went to [588.9999].

Ooh, that is bad news indeed.

Debugger never gave me anything for it though. Logs have nothing also.

Right, resources are computed within Javascript, which has different behaviour concerning variables and typing (or lack thereof).

Could you please create a trac ticket for that one? (trac.wildfiregames.com) It'd also be helpful to know if that was a once-off event (happened only once during 10 test runs) or whether it's common and always happens if you farm for xx seconds.

hrm, it looks like you launched the game from the VS IDE. Could you please run it without a debugger so it has the chance to write out a crashlog?

Indeed. I'll go without visual basic in a bit.

What are the steps required to reproduce this problem?

I just go about playing. I get to gathering and everything. It just gets around to melting slowly into it.

hm, that's a vicious circle - if the framerate is too low, then a debug_printf raises that warning, which is quite slow, thus further lowering the framerate and so on.

What are your system specs? There's little that can be done here besides using a release build and/or disabling the warning.

amd x2 4400

2gigs ram

ati x1650 256mb

I also just bought an HD 4650 to get ATI Firestream gpgpu. The CUDA equivalent.

Plenty of power to play Grand theft auto 4 and just about any other game I can find.

Could you please create a trac ticket for that one? (trac.wildfiregames.com) It'd also be helpful to know if that was a once-off event (happened only once during 10 test runs) or whether it's common and always happens if you farm for xx seconds.

;) bah. Been putting off registering there heh.

I just go about playing. I get to gathering and everything. It just gets around to melting slowly into it.

Sorry, that's not nearly enough detail to begin debugging.

amd x2 4400

2gigs ram

ati x1650 256mb

I also just bought an HD 4650 to get ATI Firestream gpgpu. The CUDA equivalent.

Plenty of power to play Grand theft auto 4 and just about any other game I can find.

hm, that system should definitely suffice ;) Are you running a debug build? Switching to release boosts the framerate considerably.

bah. Been putting off registering there heh.

It would only take seconds and helps us as well as yourself (e.g. notification when something related to the issue changes).

I cant seem to get it to crash the same way without the debugger running. So I'm not sure.

Thanks for trying though :P

Sorry, that's not nearly enough detail to begin debugging.

I know. I really cant pinpoint where it happens.

hm, that system should definitely suffice smile.gif Are you running a debug build? Switching to release boosts the framerate considerably.

Always been debug. When running the _dbg.exe not through visual basic. It runs just fine. Maybe gets a bit choppy during battles.

I'm really not worried too much about performance tbh.

It would only take seconds and helps us as well as yourself (e.g. notification when something related to the issue changes).

I did back when I typed it ;)

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/296

Actually it seems that they arent quite as infinite. They do eventually die. Also find it to be the first field everytime busts like this.