Missing files on the public repository

When attempting to build the latest head revision on Windows vista, Visual studio 2008, I get a list of the following missing files when attempting to build all projects:

'..\..\..\source\graphics\tests\test_Color.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\graphics\tests\test_MeshManager.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\allocators\tests\test_allocators.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\allocators\tests\test_headerless.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\file\common\tests\test_trace.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\res\graphics\tests\test_tex.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\sysdep\os\win\tests\test_ia32.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\sysdep\os\win\tests\test_wdbg_sym.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\sysdep\tests\test_printf.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\sysdep\tests\test_sysdep.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_adts.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_base32.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_bits.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_byte_order.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_cache_adt.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_fnv_hash.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_lib.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_lockfree.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_path_util.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_rand.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_regex.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\lib\tests\test_secure_crt.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\maths\tests\test_Bound.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\maths\tests\test_Matrix3d.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\ps\GameSetup\tests\test_CmdLineArgs.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\ps\tests\stub_impl_hack.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\ps\tests\test_CLogger.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\ps\tests\test_CStr.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\ps\tests\test_Parser.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\ps\tests\test_test.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\ps\XML\tests\test_Xeromyces.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\ps\XML\tests\test_XeroXMB.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\ps\XML\tests\test_XMLWriter.cpp'

'..\..\..\source\test_root.cpp'

Manually Unloading the test and test_gen projects and rebuilding all will succeed however. (The game crashes immediately for me, but for now I'll assume that it is unrelated). Just passing this on, perhaps the public repository is out of date?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi Brandon and thanks for reporting the problem!

Those files are all generated by the test_gen project and do not exist in the non-public repository, either.

Could it be that test_gen isn't being built, or that dependencies are incorrect? (test_gen needs to build before test)

About the game crash problem: whether unrelated or not, we'd be happy to try and solve it. Please feel free to create a trac ticket (CCing "jan" ensures I'll see it faster) or attach binaries/logs/crashdump.* here.

I'm currently having this issue also.

Test_gen itself fails this way.

1>------ Build started: Project: test_gen, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Generating ../../../source/ps/XML/tests/test_XMLWriter.cpp
1>Cannot open input file "d:./Documents"
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating ../../../source/ps/XML/tests/test_XMLWriter.cpp"
1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\0ad\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\test_gen_Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>test_gen - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Test building also fails similarly

1>------ Build started: Project: atlas, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: test_gen, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
2>Generating ../../../source/ps/XML/tests/test_XMLWriter.cpp
1>precompiled.cpp
2>Cannot open input file "d:./Documents"
2>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating ../../../source/ps/XML/tests/test_XMLWriter.cpp"
2>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\0ad\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\test_gen_Debug\BuildLog.htm"
2>test_gen - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
3>------ Build started: Project: network, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

I think it's the lack of "test_XMLWriter.cpp" existing. Which gets compiled from the test_XMLWriter.h afaik. Which doesnt work because of the whole it cant find it problem. Or at least this is what im seeing.

About the game crash problem: whether unrelated or not, we'd be happy to try and solve it. Please feel free to create a trac ticket (CCing "jan" ensures I'll see it faster) or attach binaries/logs/crashdump.* here.

The crash issue seems to be a problem with the environment on my machine, it has since stopped and I cannot reproduce it.

Yep, looks like the space is causing problems. (I'm not sure how hard it'd be to change our build system to cope with those spaces - someone should feel free to look into it )

Yep, that's the cause (cxxtestgen is the culprit). The build instructions call for checking out into a directory without spaces; it would be slightly nicer (in a low-priority sense) to rule out this cause of errors, but I have no idea how much trouble that would entail.

The crash issue seems to be a problem with the environment on my machine, it has since stopped and I cannot reproduce it.

hm, that's strange (and slightly worrisome to have unknown bugs lurking nearby). One thing that changes with time is the translation of XML files to XMB. I guess it's possible for one of them to have been garbled, and the recent change from binaries/cache to $appdata/0ad/cache may have hidden the issue. Would you like to try deleting the former and renaming the latter cache folder?

Assuming the op was doing the same I was doing with having put it in "my documents" then trying to build.

If he just copied and pasted the folder over to elsewhere. It will give odd issues. I think possibly due to linkers or something. Essentially parts of the program are still pointing to the original location. Op should try to start from scratch; brand new checkout.