IA32? I thought I was x86_64?

Guest olelukoie

Ah, right - it defaults to the Unicode version on mine so I never noticed that flag. I've modified build/premake/extern_libs.lua to do --unicode=yes - if you run update-workspaces again then hopefully it'll work it a bit better :)

Yes, now I've managed to go a bit farther...

First you forgot to mention dependency on DevIL to compile.

Second, now I've got these errors:

==== Building ActorEditor ====
Linking ActorEditor
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHTTP::wxHTTP()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxSocketBase::Write(void const*, unsigned int)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxSocketBase::Discard()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindowMouseHelper::wxHtmlWindowMouseHelper(wxHtmlWindowInterface*)'

the full list is very large. I've added `wx-config --unicode --libs` to the LDFLAGS string of ActorEditor and this solved most of unresolved references, but not all of them. The remaining ones are:

==== Building ActorEditor ====
Linking ActorEditor
g++ -o ../../../binaries/system/ActorEditor_dbg obj/ActorEditor_Debug/ActorEditor.o -L../../../binaries/system -L../../../binaries/system -Xlinker --start-group -L"/usr/X11R6/lib" ../../../binaries/system/libAtlasObject_dbg.a -lAtlasUI_dbg -Xlinker --end-group `wx-config --unicode=yes --libs`
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindowMouseHelper::wxHtmlWindowMouseHelper(wxHtmlWindowInterface*)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxEVT_CALENDAR_SEL_CHANGED'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::HistoryForward()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::Init()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::Create(wxWindow*, int, wxPoint const&, wxSize const&, long, wxString const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxEVT_CALENDAR_DAY_CHANGED'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxEVT_CALENDAR_DOUBLECLICKED'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::SetRelatedStatusBar(int)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `vtable for wxCalendarCtrl'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::SetFonts(wxString const&, wxString const&, int const*)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `vtable for wxHtmlWindow'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::SelectLine(wxPoint const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::DoSelectionToText(wxHtmlSelection*)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::HistoryCanForward()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxSound::wxSound(wxString const&, bool)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxCalendarCtrl::SetDate(wxDateTime const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `vtable for wxHtmlWindowMouseHelper'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::AppendToPage(wxString const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxEVT_CALENDAR_MONTH_CHANGED'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::SelectAll()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::SelectWord(wxPoint const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxEVT_CALENDAR_YEAR_CHANGED'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::HistoryClear()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxCalendarCtrl::SetDateRange(wxDateTime const&, wxDateTime const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxCalendarCtrl::EnableYearChange(bool)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxCalendarCtrl::SetUpperDateLimit(wxDateTime const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxCalendarCtrl::EnableMonthChange(bool)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::LoadFile(wxFileName const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::SetRelatedFrame(wxFrame*, wxString const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxSound::Stop()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxCalendarCtrl::Create(wxWindow*, int, wxDateTime const&, wxPoint const&, wxSize const&, long, wxString const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::HistoryBack()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxEVT_COMMAND_HTML_LINK_CLICKED'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxCalendarCtrl::Init()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxEVT_CALENDAR_WEEKDAY_CLICKED'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxCalendarCtrl::EnableHolidayDisplay(bool)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::HistoryCanBack()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxCalendarCtrl::SetLowerDateLimit(wxDateTime const&)'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxSound::wxSound()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxHtmlWindow::ToText()'
../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so: undefined reference to `wxSound::Create(wxString const&, bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘long unsigned int’"

Oh yes, thanks, we'll fix those. Unfortunately I am really busy ATM (just got back from a business trip) but may manage during the next few days.

3) When I did "svn co" I've noticed a lot of windows exe, dll and pdb files. Is it possible to remove them from svn to not download them on non-windows OS?

Further to what Philip has said, there is an (admittedly inconvienent) workaround, namely updating the individual top-level directories and skipping binaries\system.

what isn't good is that the game asks to attach a debugger when loading a game(I tried single player).

Ooh, that is very bad indeed, it's a warning that a somewhat complicated memory-allocation data structure's invariant has been violated. I hope to be able to investigate this at work soon, too.

D'oh. Should be fixed now.

Thanks ;)

I have a fix for this locally, but as usual I don't really know if it will break Windows

heh, going by previous experience on such issues, it probably would on the first try :P (unfortunately GCC and VC apparently differ in this area). I'd be happy to test the patch, but my home repo has more of those incorrect checksums throughout the tree, and it'll take a while to re-download the affected portions. Have sent it to my work address as well, maybe someone will beat me to it.

I believe the other file exists because the 'lowlevel' directory is shared with some other projects and so it has a source/lowlevel/precompiled.cpp for use when the 'pch' directory isn't present. For 0 A.D. the easy fix is to just delete source/lowlevel/precompiled.cpp, but I think janwas still wants it there, so the less easy fix is to modify build/premake/premake.lua to somehow exclude that file from the list that will get built.

Exactly. It'd be fairly simple for me to add a local precompiled.cpp to the other shared project that uses this code, after which it'd be OK to delete source/lib/precompiled (note lib vs lowlevel, the former is the directory name and the latter is the project name).

It's very strange, but I've managed to solve this problem only by replacing 'nasm' with 'yasm' in lowlevel.make. Seems like a bug in nasm (2.06).

Ugh, that's bad news. Would you recommend switching to yasm entirely? I thought that YASM was newer and therefore prone to more bugs. Are there any other compelling reasons?

Thanks to the both of you for posting your issues and information, hopefully we'll get all of this fixed soonish :)

I become now this compile error:

==== Building test ====

precompiled.cpp

In file included from ../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/StdValueTraits.h:10,

from ../../../source/lib/self_test.h:189,

from ../../../source/pch/test/precompiled.h:24,

from ../../../source/pch/test/precompiled.cpp:25:

../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/ValueTraits.h:281: Fehler: redefinition of »class CxxTest::ValueTraits<long unsigned int>«

../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/ValueTraits.h:266: Fehler: previous definition of »class CxxTest::ValueTraits<long unsigned int>«

make[1]: *** [obj/test_Debug/precompiled.h.gch] Fehler 1

make: *** [test] Fehler 2

Guest olelukoie
It's very strange, but I've managed to solve this problem only by replacing 'nasm' with 'yasm' in lowlevel.make. Seems like a bug in nasm (2.06).
Ugh, that's bad news. Would you recommend switching to yasm entirely? I thought that YASM was newer and therefore prone to more bugs. Are there any other compelling reasons?

I never used nor nasm neither yasm, all my projects are pure C/C++ ones, so I don't know about the quality of these assemblers. For now I just downgraded nasm to 2.05.01 and it works. And reported a bug upstream to nasm devs (no answer yet).

But how to solve remained unresolved dependencied when linking ActorEditor - I don't know. It could be a bug in gcc 4.4.0 or in binutils (something about C++ name mangling) but no solution yet. I'll try to build on a stable distribution with gcc 4.3.2 (currently I'm using development branch).

I become now this compile error:

Thanks for reporting it, that problem has been mentioned (and hopefully fixed) in post #18. I still need to test the proposed workaround on Win32 though, after which we can commit.

I never used nor nasm neither yasm, all my projects are pure C/C++ ones, so I don't know about the quality of these assemblers. For now I just downgraded nasm to 2.05.01 and it works. And reported a bug upstream to nasm devs (no answer yet).

Thumbs-up :) for posting a bug report ;)

OK, I have no experience with YASM, and would propose sticking with (possibly older versions of) NASM until this issue is fixed unless someone comes up with a good reason to switch to YASM.

But how to solve remained unresolved dependencied when linking ActorEditor - I don't know. It could be a bug in gcc 4.4.0 or in binutils (something about C++ name mangling) but no solution yet. I'll try to build on a stable distribution with gcc 4.3.2 (currently I'm using development branch).

Unfortunately I can't help here, am a Windows developer and have little experience with wxW and the GCC toolchain. Hopefully Philip will have an idea soon :P

Guest olelukoie

Unfortunately I can't help here, am a Windows developer and have little experience with wxW and the GCC toolchain. Hopefully Philip will have an idea soon :)

I've found the problem. It is in linking AtlasUI - the command `wx-config ...` should be at the end of LDFLAGS (now it is at the very beginning), and also it requires -lX11 to resolve XInitThreads symbol. It's worth also to add -Wl,--no-undefined option when linking .so libs on linux/unix.

Now tests fail, but I've copied libAtlasUI_dbg.so and libCollada_dbg.so into /usr/local/lib, run ldconfig and now the game runs! And hangs on CMapReader::ReadXML. This is the report:

headerless.cpp(333): Assertion failed: "((m_bitmap & Bit<u32>(i)) == 0) == m_rangeLists[i].IsEmpty()"
udbg_bfd_init: loading symbols from ./pyrogenesis_dbg.
Assertion failed: "((m_bitmap & Bit<u32>(i)) == 0) == m_rangeLists[i].IsEmpty()"

Call stack:

(0x008b61f2) ldbg.cpp:99 debug_DumpStack(wchar_t*, unsigned long, void*, char const*)
(0x0087855c) debug.cpp:316 debug_BuildErrorMessage(wchar_t const*, char const*, int, char const*, void*, char const*, ErrorMessageMem*)
(0x0087892d) debug.cpp:437 debug_DisplayError(wchar_t const*, unsigned long, void*, char const*, char const*, int, char const*, unsigned char*)
(0x00878c2e) debug.cpp:516 debug_OnAssertionFailure(char const*, unsigned char*, char const*, int, char const*)
(0x008b97f7) headerless.cpp:333 SegregatedRangeLists::Validate(unsigned int) const
(0x008ba528) headerless.cpp:660 HeaderlessAllocator::Impl::Validate() const
(0x008ba501) headerless.cpp:653 HeaderlessAllocator::Impl::Deallocate(unsigned char*, unsigned long)
(0x008b8dfa) headerless.cpp:753 HeaderlessAllocator::Deallocate(void*, unsigned long)
(0x008911ef) file_cache.cpp:122 Allocator::Deallocate(unsigned char*, unsigned long)
(0x00890bc2) file_cache.cpp:137 FileCacheDeleter::operator()(unsigned char*) const
(0x00894cd7) sp_counted_impl.hpp:145 boost::detail::sp_counted_impl_pd<unsigned char*, FileCacheDeleter>::dispose()
(0x005a2c66) sp_counted_base_gcc_x86.hpp:146 boost::detail::sp_counted_base::release()
(0x005a2cdf) shared_count.hpp:220 ~shared_count
(0x00608a66) shared_ptr.hpp:165 ~shared_ptr
(0x0089148a) file_cache.cpp:165 FileCache::Impl::Reserve(unsigned long)
(0x00890cda) file_cache.cpp:229 FileCache::Reserve(unsigned long)

errno = 0 (?)
OS error = ?

(C)ontinue, (S)uppress, (B)reak, Launch (D)ebugger, or (E)xit?

Then I've pressed S and after the message

ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "antler" in model "art/meshes/skeletal/deer_mesh.dae" for actor "fauna/deer.xml"
GAME STARTED, ALL INIT COMPLETE

the game run. ;)

Edited by olelukoie

Guest olelukoie

Now during "gaming" I see a lot of messages

ERROR: JavaScript Error (gui/test/functions_sim_player.js, line 114): TypeError: resourceObject has no properties
gui/test/functions_sim_player.js(114): TypeError: resourceObject has no properties
ERROR: JavaScript Error (gui/test/functions_sim_player.js, line 114): TypeError: resourceObject has no properties
gui/test/functions_sim_player.js(114): TypeError: resourceObject has no properties

and at last when I tried to build market the game crashed with segfault.

Guest olelukoie

And on the "correct" exiting the game there is another bug:

TIMER| shutdown I18N: 43.394 us																					
OpenAL error: Invalid Operation; called from al_buf_free (#1)
snd_mgr.cpp(127): Assertion failed: "0"
Assertion failed: "0"

Call stack:

(0x008b61f2) ldbg.cpp:99 debug_DumpStack(wchar_t*, unsigned long, void*, char const*)
(0x0087855c) debug.cpp:316 debug_BuildErrorMessage(wchar_t const*, char const*, int, char const*, void*, char const*, ErrorMessageMem*)
(0x0087892d) debug.cpp:437 debug_DisplayError(wchar_t const*, unsigned long, void*, char const*, char const*, int, char const*, unsigned char*)
(0x00878c2e) debug.cpp:516 debug_OnAssertionFailure(char const*, unsigned char*, char const*, int, char const*)
(0x008a3626) snd_mgr.cpp:127 al_ReportError
(0x008a365d) snd_mgr.cpp:141 al_check
(0x008a3b2c) snd_mgr.cpp:448 al_buf_free
(0x008a3fb2) snd_mgr.cpp:770 SndData_dtor
(0x00899b11) h_mgr.cpp:611 h_free_idx
(0x0089a0ee) h_mgr.cpp:762 h_force_free(long, H_VTbl*)
(0x008a443a) snd_mgr.cpp:926 hsd_list_free_all
(0x008a3e78) snd_mgr.cpp:639 al_shutdown
(0x008a6184) snd_mgr.cpp:2017 snd_shutdown()
(0x00653d2d) GameSetup.cpp:830 Shutdown(int)
(0x005a27ab) main.cpp:403 RunGameOrAtlas
(0x005a281c) main.cpp:416 main

errno = 0 (?)
OS error = ?

S
TIMER| resource modules: 38.0204 s
TIMER TOTALS (25 clients)

Guest olelukoie

The bug with nasm 2.06 is reported to be fixed in current release candidate of 2.07. So migrating to yasm is not needed. Just mention about this bug in your build instructions and suggest people to avoid nasm 2.06 on Linux.

Cool with the patch the game starts but when i want start the singleplayer i become this:

headerless.cpp(333): Assertion failed: "((m_bitmap & Bit<u32>(i)) == 0) == m_rangeLists.IsEmpty()"

udbg_bfd_init: loading symbols from /db/dev/oad/binaries/system/pyrogenesis_dbg.

Assertion failed: "((m_bitmap & Bit<u32>(i)) == 0) == m_rangeLists.IsEmpty()"

Call stack:

(0x008b3e72) ldbg.cpp:99 debug_DumpStack(wchar_t*, unsigned long, void*, char const*)

(0x0087aa28) debug.cpp:316 debug_BuildErrorMessage(wchar_t const*, char const*, int, char const*, void*, char const*, ErrorMessageMem*)

(0x0087adf9) debug.cpp:437 debug_DisplayError(wchar_t const*, unsigned long, void*, char const*, char const*, int, char const*, unsigned char*)

(0x0087b0fa) debug.cpp:516 debug_OnAssertionFailure(char const*, unsigned char*, char const*, int, char const*)

(0x008b6ef7) headerless.cpp:333 SegregatedRangeLists::Validate(unsigned int) const

(0x008b7c28) headerless.cpp:660 HeaderlessAllocator::Impl::Validate() const

(0x008b7a02) headerless.cpp:624 HeaderlessAllocator::Impl::Allocate(unsigned long)

(0x008b64ad) headerless.cpp:748 HeaderlessAllocator::Allocate(unsigned long)

(0x0088dbb0) file_cache.cpp:96 Allocator::Allocate(unsigned long, boost::shared_ptr<Allocator> const&)

(0x0088dec4) file_cache.cpp:169 FileCache::Impl::Reserve(unsigned long)

(0x0088d7c6) file_cache.cpp:229 FileCache::Reserve(unsigned long)

(0x0088c729) vfs.cpp:124 VFS::LoadFile(boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::string, VfsPathTraits> const&, boost::shared_ptr<unsigned char>&, unsigned long&)

(0x006151ab) Filesystem.cpp:57 CVFSFile::Load(boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::string, VfsPathTraits> const&)

(0x0065c4f4) Xeromyces.cpp:151 CXeromyces::Load(boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::string, VfsPathTraits> const&)

(0x006dc7f9) EntityTemplate.cpp:162 CEntityTemplate::LoadXml(CStr8 const&)

(0x0066c01d) EntityTemplateCollection.cpp:91 CEntityTemplateCollection::GetTemplate(CStrW const&, CPlayer*)

errno = 0 (?)

OS error = ?

GBD output:

(gdb) bt

#0 0x0000003c1b8a3e61 in nanosleep () from /lib64/libc.so.6

#1 0x0000003c1b8a3cb0 in __sleep (seconds=<value optimized out>) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sleep.c:138

#2 0x00000000008b4926 in udbg_launch_debugger () at ../../../source/lib/sysdep/os/unix/udbg.cpp:85

#3 0x00000000008b4bc0 in sys_display_error (

text=0x7fbd47dc0000 L"Assertion failed: \"((m_bitmap & Bit<u32>(i)) == 0) == m_rangeLists.IsEmpty()\"\r\nLocation: headerless.cpp:333 (Validate)\r\n\r\nCall stack:\r\n\r\n(0x008b3e72) ldbg.cpp:99 debug_DumpStack(wchar_t*, unsigned "..., flags=6)

at ../../../source/lib/sysdep/os/unix/unix.cpp:66

#4 0x000000000087ac8c in CallDisplayError (

text=0x7fbd47dc0000 L"Assertion failed: \"((m_bitmap & Bit<u32>(i)) == 0) == m_rangeLists.IsEmpty()\"\r\nLocation: headerless.cpp:333 (Validate)\r\n\r\nCall stack:\r\n\r\n(0x008b3e72) ldbg.cpp:99 debug_DumpStack(wchar_t*, unsigned "..., flags=6)

at ../../../source/lib/debug.cpp:365

#5 0x000000000087ae1c in debug_DisplayError (

description=0x3edaf40 L"Assertion failed: \"((m_bitmap & Bit<u32>(i)) == 0) == m_rangeLists.IsEmpty()\"", flags=6, context=0x0,

lastFuncToSkip=0x9c56b0 "debug_OnAssertionFailure", pathname=0x9d29e8 "../../../source/lib/allocators/headerless.cpp", line=333,

func=0x9d306a "Validate", suppress=0xd6c76a "") at ../../../source/lib/debug.cpp:440

#6 0x000000000087b0fa in debug_OnAssertionFailure (expr=0x9d2b60 "((m_bitmap & Bit<u32>(i)) == 0) == m_rangeLists.IsEmpty()",

suppress=0xd6c76a "", file=0x9d29e8 "../../../source/lib/allocators/headerless.cpp", line=333, func=0x9d306a "Validate")

at ../../../source/lib/debug.cpp:515

#7 0x00000000008b6ef7 in SegregatedRangeLists::Validate (this=0x12da5f0, id=287215215) at ../../../source/lib/allocators/headerless.cpp:333

#8 0x00000000008b7c28 in HeaderlessAllocator::Impl::Validate (this=0x12da5b0) at ../../../source/lib/allocators/headerless.cpp:659

#9 0x00000000008b7c01 in HeaderlessAllocator::Impl::Deallocate (this=0x12da5b0, p=0x7fbd5a2d2000 "", size=2097152)

at ../../../source/lib/allocators/headerless.cpp:652

#10 0x00000000008b64fa in HeaderlessAllocator::Deallocate (this=0x12da560, p=0x7fbd5a2d2000, size=2097152)

at ../../../source/lib/allocators/headerless.cpp:752

#11 0x000000000088dcdb in Allocator::Deallocate (this=0x12da560, mem=0x7fbd5a2d2000 "", size=1955683)

at ../../../source/lib/file/vfs/file_cache.cpp:120

#12 0x000000000088d6ae in FileCacheDeleter::operator() (this=0x1e30f48, mem=0x7fbd5a2d2000 "")

at ../../../source/lib/file/vfs/file_cache.cpp:136

#13 0x0000000000891fa3 in boost::detail::sp_counted_impl_pd<unsigned char*, FileCacheDeleter>::dispose (this=0x1e30f30)

at /usr/include/boost/detail/sp_counted_impl.hpp:144

#14 0x00000000005a43a6 in boost::detail::sp_counted_base::release (this=0x1e30f30)

at /usr/include/boost/detail/sp_counted_base_gcc_x86.hpp:145

#15 0x00000000005a441f in boost::detail::shared_count::~shared_count (this=0x7fff0ddbeb58, __in_chrg=<value optimized out>)

at /usr/include/boost/detail/shared_count.hpp:216

#16 0x00000000006154ba in boost::shared_ptr<unsigned char>::~shared_ptr (this=0x7fff0ddbeb50, __in_chrg=<value optimized out>)

at /usr/include/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:165

#17 0x000000000088df76 in FileCache::Impl::Reserve (this=0x12da500, size=349680) at ../../../source/lib/file/vfs/file_cache.cpp:180

#18 0x000000000088d7c6 in FileCache::Reserve (this=0x12da460, size=349680) at ../../../source/lib/file/vfs/file_cache.cpp:228

#19 0x000000000088c729 in VFS::LoadFile (this=0x12da450, pathname=@0x7fff0ddbffb0, fileContents=@0x7fff0ddbecd0, size=@0x7fff0ddbecc8)

at ../../../source/lib/file/vfs/vfs.cpp:124

---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---

#20 0x00000000008a1a3e in OglTex_reload (ot=0x37eee80, pathname=@0x7fff0ddbffb0, h=1202590923527)

at ../../../source/lib/res/graphics/ogl_tex.cpp:422

#21 0x00000000008991a3 in call_init_and_reload (h=1202590923527, type=0xd45d80, hd=0x37eee58, pathname=@0x7fff0ddbffb0,

init_args=0x7fff0ddbee30) at ../../../source/lib/res/h_mgr.cpp:506

#22 0x0000000000899367 in alloc_new_handle (type=0xd45d80, pathname=@0x7fff0ddbffb0, key=4188942354, flags=0, init_args=0x7fff0ddbee30)

at ../../../source/lib/res/h_mgr.cpp:545

#23 0x000000000089956c in h_alloc (type=0xd45d80, pathname=@0x7fff0ddbffb0, flags=0) at ../../../source/lib/res/h_mgr.cpp:580

#24 0x00000000008a1e52 in ogl_tex_load (pathname=@0x7fff0ddbffb0, flags=0) at ../../../source/lib/res/graphics/ogl_tex.cpp:492

#25 0x000000000077a4b2 in SkyManager::SetSkySet (this=0x1968238, newSet=@0x7fff0ddc0100) at ../../../source/renderer/SkyManager.cpp:145

#26 0x00000000007589b7 in CXMLReader::ReadEnvironment (this=0x3d85200, parent={m_Pointer = 0x7fbd5ddd222c "\"\4"})

at ../../../source/graphics/MapReader.cpp:385

#27 0x000000000075e4e7 in CXMLReader::ProgressiveRead (this=0x3d85200) at ../../../source/graphics/MapReader.cpp:987

#28 0x000000000075e752 in CMapReader::ReadXML (this=0x2b26510) at ../../../source/graphics/MapReader.cpp:1032

#29 0x000000000075e83d in MemFunThunk<CMapReader> (param=0x2b23300) at ../../../source/ps/LoaderThunks.h:57

#30 0x000000000064e604 in LDR_ProgressiveLoad (time_budget=0.01,

description=0x7fff0ddc06c0 L"\1567003340翿\1567003360翿\1567003420翿\41715337", max_chars=100, progress_percent=0x7fff0ddc0854)

at ../../../source/ps/Loader.cpp:233

#31 0x00000000005a35c7 in ProgressiveLoad () at ../../../source/main.cpp:150

#32 0x00000000005a388c in Frame () at ../../../source/main.cpp:247

#33 0x00000000005a3ed3 in RunGameOrAtlas (argc=1, argv=0x7fff0ddc0a78) at ../../../source/main.cpp:401

#34 0x00000000005a3f5c in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fff0ddc0a78) at ../../../source/main.cpp:414

Warning: the current language does not match this frame.

(gdb)

headerless.cpp(333): Assertion failed: "((m_bitmap & Bit<u32>(i)) == 0) == m_rangeLists.IsEmpty()"

It really pains me to see how often this bug is reported online :/ My bad.

I've had a quick look and that allocator has several 64-bit bugs (~0 vs ~size_t(0), it's also using 32-bit tags). Most of the time we were testing on 32-bit Windows, and it looks like most Linux users are on 64-bit. Have begun fixing those issues, but unfortunately I left the files at work (am now at home for 1 day of vacation). If a colleague is able to send me those files, then those issues will be fixed later today.

Failed to find matching prop point called "antler" in model "art/meshes/skeletal/deer_mesh.dae" for actor "fauna/deer.xml"

heh, yes - this problem with the deer mesh has existed for a while. The problem is that the error message isn't annoying enough to galvanize the artists into action :)

The bug with nasm 2.06 is reported to be fixed in current release candidate of 2.07. So migrating to yasm is not needed. Just mention about this bug in your build instructions and suggest people to avoid nasm 2.06 on Linux.

Thanks for the info, I see someone has already added that to BuildInstructions ;)

OpenAL error: Invalid Operation; called from al_buf_free

hm, the docs say alDeleteBuffers can only fail with that error code if the buffer is still in use. However there is a mechanism in place for unqueuing buffers and stopping the source, which should happen before freeing buffers (even when shutting down). Unfortunately this problem doesn't occur on Windows (more forgiving OpenAL implementation?), so it's difficult to investigate. Would you be up to firing up the debugger and seeing what happens in vsrc_reclaim when shutting down?

It really pains me to see how often this bug is reported online :/ My bad.

I've had a quick look and that allocator has several 64-bit bugs (~0 vs ~size_t(0), it's also using 32-bit tags). Most of the time we were testing on 32-bit Windows, and it looks like most Linux users are on 64-bit. Have begun fixing those issues, but unfortunately I left the files at work (am now at home for 1 day of vacation). If a colleague is able to send me those files, then those issues will be fixed later today.

Some 64-bit bugs should now be fixed. Could you please rebuild and let me know if it still has problems there?

(will be heading home for the weekend, will have only intermittent connectivity and no access to svn).

Thx for fixing :)

I only become now this error: ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "antler" in model "art/meshes/skeletal/deer_mesh.dae" for actor "fauna/deer.xml"

And what about the patch in post18 is in svn too now?

on the next day i will post here the compile warnings that i become.

hallo, I have problem with compilation on Ubuntu 64 bit (karmic)

pk@pk-laptop:~/trunk/build/workspaces/gcc$ make -j3 2> 0ad.dbg

lowlevel.make:634: warning: overriding commands for target `obj/lowlevel_Debug/precompiled.h.gch'
lowlevel.make:228: warning: ignoring old commands for target `obj/lowlevel_Debug/precompiled.h.gch'
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem
make[1]: *** [../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI_dbg.so] Chyba 1
make: *** [AtlasUI] Chyba 2
make: *** Čaká sa na nedokončené úlohy....
In file included from ../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/StdValueTraits.h:10,
from ../../../source/lib/self_test.h:189,
../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/ValueTraits.h:281: error: redefinition of ‘class CxxTest::ValueTraits<long unsigned int>’
../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/ValueTraits.h:266: error: previous definition of ‘class CxxTest::ValueTraits<long unsigned int>’
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem
make[1]: *** [../../../binaries/system/pyrogenesis_dbg] Chyba 1
make: *** [pyrogenesis] Chyba 2
make[1]: *** [obj/test_Debug/precompiled.h.gch] Chyba 1
make: *** [test] Chyba 2

Can you fix all that warnings please?

NetClient.cpp

../../../source/network/NetClient.cpp: In static member function 'static bool CNetClient::OnError(void*, CFsmEvent*)':

../../../source/network/NetClient.cpp:253: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/network/NetClient.cpp: In static member function 'static bool CNetClient::OnAuthenticate(void*, CFsmEvent*)':

../../../source/network/NetClient.cpp:367: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

NetServer.cpp

../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp: In static member function 'static bool CNetServer::OnError(void*, CFsmEvent*)':

../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:395: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

Util.cpp

../../../source/ps/Util.cpp: In function 'void WriteSystemInfo()':

../../../source/ps/Util.cpp:96: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'size_t'

../../../source/ps/Util.cpp:96: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 6 has type 'size_t'

../../../source/ps/Util.cpp:96: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 7 has type 'size_t'

../../../source/ps/Util.cpp:109: warning: format '%u' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'size_t'

../../../source/ps/Util.cpp:109: warning: format '%u' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'size_t'

CLogger.cpp

../../../source/ps/CLogger.cpp:171: warning: unused parameter 'category'

../../../source/ps/CLogger.cpp:188: warning: unused parameter 'category'

Parser.cpp

../../../source/ps/Parser.cpp: In member function 'bool CParserLine::ParseString(const CParser&, const std::string&)':

../../../source/ps/Parser.cpp:557: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/ps/Parser.cpp:605: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/ps/Parser.cpp:657: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/ps/Parser.cpp:793: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

EntityManager.cpp

../../../source/simulation/EntityManager.cpp: In member function 'HEntity CEntityManager::Create(CEntityTemplate*, CVector3D, float, const std::set<CStr8, std::less<CStr8>, std::allocator<CStr8> >&, const CStrW*)':

../../../source/simulation/EntityManager.cpp:225: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

ScriptGlue.cpp

../../../source/scripting/ScriptGlue.cpp: In function 'void InitJsTimers()':

../../../source/scripting/ScriptGlue.cpp:648: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'size_t'

Terrain.cpp

../../../source/graphics/Terrain.cpp: In member function 'void CTerrain::Resize(ssize_t)':

../../../source/graphics/Terrain.cpp:368: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

Renderer.cpp

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp: In member function 'virtual CStr8 CRendererStatsTable::GetCellText(size_t, size_t)':

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp:152: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp:152: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp:158: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp:158: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp:164: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp:164: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp:170: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp:170: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp:176: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'

../../../source/renderer/Renderer.cpp:176: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'

WaterManager.cpp

../../../source/renderer/WaterManager.cpp: In member function 'int WaterManager::LoadWaterTextures()':

../../../source/renderer/WaterManager.cpp:114: warning: format '%02d' expects type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'size_t'

../../../source/renderer/WaterManager.cpp:114: warning: format '%02d' expects type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'size_t'

../../../source/renderer/WaterManager.cpp:131: warning: format '%02d' expects type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'size_t'

../../../source/renderer/WaterManager.cpp:131: warning: format '%02d' expects type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'size_t'

MessagePasserImpl.cpp

../../../source/tools/atlas/GameInterface/MessagePasserImpl.cpp: In constructor 'MessagePasserImpl::MessagePasserImpl()':

../../../source/tools/atlas/GameInterface/MessagePasserImpl.cpp:37: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'size_t'

ldbg.cpp

../../../source/lib/sysdep/os/linux/ldbg.cpp: In function 'void* debug_GetCaller(void*, const char*)':

../../../source/lib/sysdep/os/linux/ldbg.cpp:87: warning: unused variable 'bt_size'

../../../source/lib/sysdep/os/linux/ldbg.cpp: In function 'LibError debug_resolve_symbol_dladdr(void*, char*, char*, int*)':

../../../source/lib/sysdep/os/linux/ldbg.cpp:303: warning: format '%08x' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'size_t'

../../../source/lib/sysdep/os/linux/ldbg.cpp:303: warning: format '%08x' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'size_t'

item.cpp

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/item.cpp: In static member function 'static bool wxjs::gui::ControlItem::GetProperty(wxjs::Index*, JSContext*, JSObject*, int, jsval*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/item.cpp:84: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/item.cpp: In static member function 'static bool wxjs::gui::ControlItem::SetProperty(wxjs::Index*, JSContext*, JSObject*, int, jsval*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/item.cpp:108: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/item.cpp: In static member function 'static JSBool wxjs::gui::ControlItem::remove(JSContext*, JSObject*, uintN, jsval*, jsval*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/item.cpp:145: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/item.cpp: In static member function 'static JSBool wxjs::gui::ControlItem::select(JSContext*, JSObject*, uintN, jsval*, jsval*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/item.cpp:172: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

radioboxit.cpp

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/radioboxit.cpp: In static member function 'static bool wxjs::gui::RadioBoxItem::GetProperty(wxjs::Index*, JSContext*, JSObject*, int, jsval*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/radioboxit.cpp:68: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/radioboxit.cpp:79: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/radioboxit.cpp: In static member function 'static bool wxjs::gui::RadioBoxItem::SetProperty(wxjs::Index*, JSContext*, JSObject*, int, jsval*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/control/radioboxit.cpp:109: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

rect.cpp

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/misc/rect.cpp: In static member function 'static JSBool wxjs::gui::Rect::inside(JSContext*, JSObject*, uintN, jsval*, jsval*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/misc/rect.cpp:464: warning: 'bool wxRect::Inside(int, int) const' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gdicmn.h:490)

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/misc/rect.cpp:477: warning: 'bool wxRect::Inside(const wxPoint&) const' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gdicmn.h:491)

sizer.cpp

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/misc/sizer.cpp: In static member function 'static JSBool wxjs::gui::Sizer::remove(JSContext*, JSObject*, uintN, jsval*, jsval*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/gui/misc/sizer.cpp:534: warning: 'virtual bool wxSizer::Remove(wxWindow*)' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/sizer.h:513)

textline.cpp

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/io/textline.cpp: In static member function 'static bool wxjs::io::TextLine::GetProperty(wxjs::Index*, JSContext*, JSObject*, int, jsval*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/io/textline.cpp:102: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/io/textline.cpp: In static member function 'static bool wxjs::io::TextLine::SetProperty(wxjs::Index*, JSContext*, JSObject*, int, jsval*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/io/textline.cpp:134: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/io/textline.cpp: In static member function 'static bool wxjs::io::TextLine::Enumerate(wxjs::Index*, JSContext*, JSObject*, JSIterateOp, jsval*, jsid*)':

../../../source/tools/atlas/wxJS/io/textline.cpp:186: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

DLLInterface.cpp

In file included from /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/parser.h:15,

from ../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/Misc/DLLInterface.cpp:42:

/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlversion.h:429:1: warning: "ATTRIBUTE_PRINTF" redefined

In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/wxprec.h:13,

from ../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/Misc/precompiled.h:43,

from ../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/Misc/precompiled.cpp:18:

/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/defs.h:501:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

Trigger.cpp

../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/ScenarioEditor/Sections/Trigger/Trigger.cpp:1049: warning: unused parameter 'label'

DLL.cpp

../../../source/collada/DLL.cpp: In member function 'virtual void BufferedOutputCallback::operator()(const char*, unsigned int)':

../../../source/collada/DLL.cpp:78: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

../../../source/collada/DLL.cpp:84: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

test_byte_order.cpp

In file included from ../../../source/lib/self_test.h:190,

../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/TestSuite.h: In function 'bool CxxTest::equals(X, Y) [with X = long int, Y = long long unsigned int]':

../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/TestSuite.h:56: instantiated from 'void CxxTest::doAssertEquals(const char*, unsigned int, const char*, X, const char*, Y, const char*) [with X = long int, Y = long long unsigned int]'

../../../source/lib/tests/../../../source/lib/tests/test_byte_order.h:83: instantiated from here

../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/TestSuite.h:47: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

test_allocators.cpp

In file included from ../../../source/lib/self_test.h:190,

../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/TestSuite.h: In function 'bool CxxTest::equals(X, Y) [with X = unsigned int, Y = int]':

../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/TestSuite.h:56: instantiated from 'void CxxTest::doAssertEquals(const char*, unsigned int, const char*, X, const char*, Y, const char*) [with X = unsigned int, Y = int]'

../../../source/pch/test/../../../source/lib/allocators/tests/test_allocators.h:42: instantiated from here

../../../libraries/cxxtest/include/cxxtest/TestSuite.h:47: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

but I have done this command

sudo ln libboost_signals-mt.so libboost_signals.so in /usr/lib

hmm, lastest updates in svn repair it, but on my Intel x4500MHD it runs slow (default settings)

cd ../../binaries/system && ./pyrogenesis_dbg should be cd ../../../binaries/system && ./pyrogenesis_dbg

in http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions

game looks really great, congratulating

Edited by pavolzetor

Guest olelukoie

Checked out build 7020 and have seen this:

Lua/ltable.c: In function 'luaH_mainposition':
Lua/ltable.c:108: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
Lua/ltable.c:110: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

Source code in ltable.c in unclear due to extensive usage of macros so I don't have any recommendations or suggestions. Just seems like converting pointer into 'int' (works on 32-bit and doesn't work on 64-bit OS)...

BTW C99 & C++0x define new data types and GCC fully supports them. VC++ doesn't but it's very easy to add this support with simple defines. Maybe it's worth to begin using these data types?

I've found the problem. It is in linking AtlasUI - the command `wx-config ...` should be at the end of LDFLAGS (now it is at the very beginning), and also it requires -lX11 to resolve XInitThreads symbol. It's worth also to add -Wl,--no-undefined option when linking .so libs on linux/unix.

I've added -Wl,--no-undefined and the extra links to make that work. I haven't changed the wx thing yet - I don't understand why it fails when it works fine for me (and I don't think anyone else has reported the same problem?), so it's hard to know what fix is correct and to test it, and also I can't figure out how to make Premake put the wx links at the end :). Anyone have any ideas here?

Checked out build 7020 and have seen this:

Lua/ltable.c: In function 'luaH_mainposition':
Lua/ltable.c:108: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
Lua/ltable.c:110: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

Hmm, I assume that's what you see when you run update-workspaces.sh? It looks like warnings from compiling the Lua interpreter that's embedded in Premake. It's not used as part of the game itself, so I probably wouldn't care much about the warnings if update-workspaces still runs correctly. (They're a bit ugly, though...)

Guest olelukoie
I've added -Wl,--no-undefined and the extra links to make that work. I haven't changed the wx thing yet - I don't understand why it fails when it works fine for me (and I don't think anyone else has reported the same problem?), so it's hard to know what fix is correct and to test it, and also I can't figure out how to make Premake put the wx links at the end :D. Anyone have any ideas here?

Tested 7023. Compiles without problems except this "wx thing" :) . The problem is that wx-confg goes before three static libs that depend on wx. These libs should go first - before wx-config. Another possible solution is to use LDDEPS variable (it is present in make-file but not used in build command) and place it between $(OBJECTS) and $(LDFLAGS). And remove these three static libs from LDFLAGS variable. But it will work only if all deps are libs (just like in the case with AtlasUI).

PS. And tests (test_gen & test) are build successfully. But running it causes the known error:

[olelukoie@olelukoie-linux system]$ ./test_dbg
Running 113 tests..............................................................................................................headerless.cpp(479): Assertion failed: "m_freeBytes >= freedBlock->Size()"
udbg_bfd_init: loading symbols from ./test_dbg.
Assertion failed: "m_freeBytes >= freedBlock->Size()"

Suppressing causes segfault.

Edited by olelukoie