Land of the Tribes [concept]

plumo

I think, that prehistorical RTS would be rather boring.

No metal, no formations, no cavalry, no sieges, minimal (if any) fortifications, few techs available.

Imagine AoE I in Stone Age. Absolutely the same. Maybe spears, javelins and primitive bows would be there, too. But still.

I mean, anthropology indeed is interesting thing, but for game you simply need more than that.

Ykkrosh, sure size of brain doesn't directly correlate intelligence. However, there is relation in average weight of body and brain. However, it is specifically amount of gray layer which matters.

I've seen document, where they revealed that Neanderthals had larynx higher than we have which made communication more difficult as they were unable to say some characters. That was serious disadvantage which caused them to be unable to compete with Homo sapiens.

Elsewhere I've heard, that archeologists found bones of Neanderthals with visible scratches made by human teeth.

Maybe we ate them. Maybe they tasted like chicken :)

I think prehistoric times can be interesting because of the variation in environment & wildlife.

You need too add some less historically correct items to keep the game interesting, I agree.

F.e. a tribe of desert dwellers:

Brown baked people with spears, sometimes riding a zebra or rhino.

you get my point.

I think prehistoric times can be interesting because of the variation in environment & wildlife.

Sure. But it still isn't enough. You'll have a look at map and what else? Maybe something like Knights & Merchants with focus on "economy" rather than "military" would help.

You need too add some less historically correct items to keep the game interesting, I agree.

But this could hit interestingness of the era. You would be depicting something, what never existed.

F.e. a tribe of desert dwellers:

Brown baked people with spears, sometimes riding a zebra or rhino.

Well, I don't like that idea. Apart from not too good idea to ride rhino (which would never work) or zebra (which is too weak to carry horseman), these animals don't live in desert. It would look weird.

you get my point.

Well, I do. I don't want you to stop your work on mod. I just wan't you to prepare for negative side of your choice.

Let me suggest you, to seek Czech artist Zdenek Burian. He depicted loads of prehistorical animals, received several awards and his work is also shown in Czech National Museum.

Not all his pictures fit into your period. But you'll like them anyway. He had golden hands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zdenek_Burian

Edited by Belisarivs