HEY EVERYBODY

Everybody, go here, make a quick account (if you already haven't done so) and Vote for 0 A.D. once again! (even those that have already voted). The list has been narrowed down to TOP 8, and now the community can decide the winner in 2008's ModDB Indie game of the year!

Go here http://www.moddb.com/events/2008-mod-of-th...r-awards/top100 Scroll down to "Best Upcoming" and choose "Indie Games." You'll see 0 A.D. at the top of the list (alphabetical, so don't get too excited ;)), then click VOTE! :o

Voting ends Feb 2nd! (y) gogogogogo

Winners are showcased on Feb 28. (y)

Are you sure you're not looking in the released category? :o I can sure see it under indie in the "Best Upcoming" category ;)

(y)

Aha you were right. I guess I'll register and vote.

I love strategy games based on ancient history.

That's why I'm dreaming of sometime in the future where you put on a headset and game where you can choose a time period, an existing civilization or create your own and attempt to conquer the world and your view can be first person as the leader or as a god like in Sims. The AI for the game would obviously be insane but I can dream right? (y)

(n)

Aha you were right. I guess I'll register and vote.

I love strategy games based on ancient history.

That's why I'm dreaming of sometime in the future where you put on a headset and game where you can choose a time period, an existing civilization or create your own and attempt to conquer the world and your view can be first person as the leader or as a god like in Sims. The AI for the game would obviously be insane but I can dream right? (y)

That's sure a dream I'm sure more people share, I do for one ;) Though I guess I dream even further, hoping we'll one day have the kind of virtual reality you can see in Star Trek etc, where you can get fully immersed, but I doubt that will ever be possible :o Would be fun though (y)

That's sure a dream I'm sure more people share, I do for one (y) Though I guess I dream even further, hoping we'll one day have the kind of virtual reality you can see in Star Trek etc, where you can get fully immersed, but I doubt that will ever be possible ;) Would be fun though :o

That would be the ultimate game. I'm just hoping 10-15 years from now we'll have a game where you put on the headset and immerse yourself in a game where it responds to vocal and physical commands.

I mean companies have found ways to broadcast messages into the minds of people, I'm sure we can get a cool game and maybe even a virtual reality.

I mean companies have found ways to broadcast messages into the minds of people, I'm sure we can get a cool game and maybe even a virtual reality.

that sounds scary. broadcasting messages into people's minds? just think of how governments could control people that way... where did you learn of this..er..new technology?

that sounds scary. broadcasting messages into people's minds? just think of how governments could control people that way... where did you learn of this..er..new technology?

I read an article on it a few months or maybe even a year ago. It's not control over anyone's mind but people walking by heard it and stopped to check out the 'store'. (It wasn't selling anything.)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, that's just suggestion/propaganda. I went to a public hypnotist event, and I was one of the people who got to go on stage and be hypnotized. It was a lot of fun, actually. Most companies take advantage of suggestion in their advertising.

Huh? They can broadcast into your head is what I mean, so it will sound like a voice is talking normally to you but someone else on the other side of the street won't hear it.

I guess the benefit is there's less noise but a problem could be freaking people out. (You can suddenly hear something and other people can't?)

I'd like to try and be hypnotized but the only problem is I'm not sure if I can be hypnotized.

Edited by Silver