List Your Top Five Action Movies

To my recollection we haven't actually asked this question on the forum, so I figured why not? :)

Nothing like a good action film, full of blood, sweat, and smart-aleck heros. So what tops your list? For me, I'm a huge fan of less mainstream action films, usually imports or cult films. Here they are:

1. Hard Boiled

2. The Killer

3. Boondock Saints

4. Die Hard

5. Equilibrium

Obviously Die Hard is the only major Hollywood film on the list. Very few people seem to have heard of HB and The Killer, but thanks to Stranglehold its likely to change. Know that these films are being rereleased by Dragon Dynasty, so you can Netflix them and experience the true majesty of Hong Kong action films (y)

So those are mine! What are yours?

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea on honorable mentions, Aigis! :D

Here are my five honorable mentions:

Brotherhood of the Wolf

The Matrix

Gladiator

Crank

Desperado

If you want a movie a little bit on the stranger side with some absolutely brutal fights, watch Brotherhood of the Wolf. It an amazing genre mashing French film that manages to throw elements of action, martial arts, historical drama, gothica, horror, suspense, and a little bit of erotica into an oil drum, roll it down a hill and then blow it up with spectacular results. For a demonstration, here is the trailer.

DISCLAIMER! Know that it is a French trailer dubbed in English. It contains some nudity, so if you are a squeamish about such things, don't come crying to me saying "You never told me" :)

Brotherhood of the Wolf Trailer

As you can see a couple of big names in there, primarily Monica Bellucci and Mark Dacascos. Good film all round despite its weird mixture of genres. A must see!

If you want a movie a little bit on the stranger side with some absolutely brutal fights, watch Brotherhood of the Wolf. It an amazing genre mashing French film that manages to throw elements of action, martial arts, historical drama, gothica, horror, suspense, and a little bit of erotica into an oil drum, roll it down a hill and then blow it up with spectacular results. For a demonstration, here is the trailer.

DISCLAIMER! Know that it is a French trailer dubbed in English. It contains some nudity, so if you are a squeamish about such things, don't come crying to me saying "You never told me" :)

As you can see a couple of big names in there, primarily Monica Bellucci and Mark Dacascos. Good film all round despite its weird mixture of genres. A must see!

Good movie :D I came across it a few years back and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

That looks... GREAT!!! and french movies dont bother me.. We watched a few in French 3 with english subs... mainly funny movies, but still good. Ill have to look into it...

And i cant believe i forget to add Gladiator to my honarable mention list!!! >_< DOH