If you could help progress 0 A.D. in any way, would you?

Aeros

Would you assist in progressing 0 A.D. if there was a way to do so?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you assist in progressing 0 A.D. if there was a way to do so?

• Definately! Where do I start?
    • I don't know how I could, but I want to
    • I have no time, But I'm a passive supporter
    • Not interested, but good luck!

Let truth be known, all of you forumers are supporting and helping 0AD grow simply by hanging out with us developers and making it fun to interact, not to mention many a great idea has been shared here. What makes us confident is the majority of the ideas we hear we have already though about and discussed in great detail, and furthermore that shows our community is running on the same frequency of thought about RTS games as us.

We have had some longterm and slowly developing plans on how to improve our structure and our significance as an online developer, and well, in short I won't reveal too many details right now but we are planning a unique move to create an open (or atleast, more open) development community as a means to educate, give people opportunity they have always wanted, and in the longterm increase the quality of the game and increase the availible manpower WFG has.

We always like to take a very prompt tone with the public (partly because we all speak independantly yet representively of WFG - anything we choose to say is on our own behalf but all of us staff know to keep a proffesional and unanimous tone with the public), but atleast in the sense of the community here the bonds are much closer, down to even chatting with some of you regularly on MSN. We're very appreciative of the small stake out we have going on here with our community and I really am thinking there are no cons to being more open with you guys and letting you know how we work, what our current issues and setbacks are (they are always there when something so complex as this is being done). We basically are in need of manpower, and this is a vital ingredient for the successful concoction of 0 A.D. to be completed - even to reach our goal of alpha - and that brings us back to this poll, I'm curious of the stance of our forum community. If I may step ahead a great couple of steps, yes involvement and the assistance of developing 0 A.D. will mean getting to see and "play" the game, for the rather severe tradeoff of seeing firsthand there is much work to do before being able to play and the game you imagine playing (and we imagine playing) when seeing our screenshots needs a big helping hand before it becomes that smooth crystaline package of RTS gameplay. :)

Im sorry to vote no.3 but i dont have the time to learn something that could be useful to you guys... I am really looking forward to the finish, and i try the best i can to give feedback and do whatever i can do to help with the limited time i got right now :)

But stand tall, stay cool and keep up the amazing work you put down with this game. I love every single one of you :)

<3

I really wish I could help; I don't have any specific skills though (or I would have already applied :) ). I am starting to learn Blender. I also have a version of Photoshop (5.0 I think), but I don't know how to use most of the features. Perhaps I could learn how to texture? Maybe I could do history research? I'm very good at finding errors and typos. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep on learning until I can be of service.

I am willing to devote my time to this project. If you have anything for an unskilled person to do, email me at pellean009@yahoo.com I would love to help; this is the type of thing I have dreamed about doing for years, ever since I read Colleen McCullough's "Masters of Rome" series.

Geez, I so need to get on IM and talk to you guys more often. *remembers the days*

I would love to help, but I really don't know how. If there's anything an unskilled person can do, just let me know. I am, however, interested in the advertising of this game (banners, wallpapers, ect... [i guess you could call it 'media']). :)

Since the day I've seen this project, I have always wanted to help! Unfortunately, I have few computer skills... I know more or less how to work with Corel PhotoPaint... I am quite good at modelling 3D buildings in Sketchup, but I guess that doesn't suit you.

The only things I think I could do are:

1) Drawing icons/portraits/landscapes, etc., because I would just have to handdraw and then scan them.

2) Translating the game to Portuguese. I can do it for sure, I've already made unofficial translations for 3 games, but I suppose the translating phase is far away.

Edited by Undo

I'd love to help, and love to learn how as well. I have lots of spare time in the next 6 months, have some photoshop skills (CS2) and have been teaching my self how to use blender. Also I pick up things very fast and can RM script on a basic level for AoE3, but I don't know your Random Map scripts are anything remotely like theirs.

This is a vague statement. I guess its a bit broad. I'd certainly help if I could. The most I can do though is give ideas to those who have implementation skills. Other than that, I probably could do voice acting. I am going to college for theater and am taking a few courses on radio, so maybe a campaign narrative introductive voice?

• 3 weeks later...

I voted "passive supporter" because that's what I am... but I am good at spel-chekin ( :P ) and know my history quite well, also have some friends who could help me if you'd like me on your history team. If you ask me to, I would consider doing that or even checking over some history articles before they get posted. I know it's not a very good CV but if I wrote one up there wouldn't be much on it anyway :(

Im with The CObra1!!! i dont really have any skills that could be used. I do have Photoshop CS2, but im not to familiar with it except with what i use to make forum banners and signatures.

I will definately adverise this game when i can and when and where yall want me too. I thought about emailing Game Informer magazine and letthing them know about you guys. They might cover you guys and write abuot your development!

WEll thats all for now!

~Aigis

VENI VIDI VICI

:(

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been keeping an eye on the site for a while, but have only just signed up to the forum.

I don't have any programming skills but would love to help if there are any menial mindless tasks that need doing (y)

I can also translate into Indonesian :)

I'm sure your not mindless but thanks for the offer to translate the game, more info on that will be available when we get closer to release and we'll be happy to get help translate the game. Though there are people on the team from many different places in the world there are a lot more languages after all (y)

• 3 months later...