how much is the game finnised?

general

i wondered that how much is the game finnised? soon 50%? and i wondered that will the game work on my computer because i have a windows 2000 professional? :) and i hope that the alpha will be released soon :) or is it soon completely finnised?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is unfortunately impossible to say with any certainty. For example, a recent 'harmless' compiler upgrade has caused no end of trouble and thrown us back about 10 days (spent scratching heads and working around the issues). Were we a commercial shop with a fixed deadline (e.g. Christmas), features would be axed and the whip cracked after such an event. However, since we don't want to compromise the 0ad vision, the answer will remain: when it's done :)

This is unfortunately impossible to say with any certainty. For example, a recent 'harmless' compiler upgrade has caused no end of trouble and thrown us back about 10 days (spent scratching heads and working around the issues). Were we a commercial shop with a fixed deadline (e.g. Christmas), features would be axed and the whip cracked after such an event. However, since we don't want to compromise the 0ad vision, the answer will remain: when it's done :)

As a mighty and amazing man in history once said, "Flexibility for Wilfiregames works both ways." -TheCobra1 :)

I'm also curious about a general date. Within a year, within two years, within six months, etc, etc. It doesn't even mean you guys have to follow it, just saying "oh, it might be done". Since you guys don't even have to release at all, you have nothing to lose. Just my opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey my first post.

Anyway, these kinda things take time, so I will wait.

I am a beta tester for Rhovanion Alliance for BFME(http://www.rhovanionalliance.net/), although I have yet to sign up for the forums(They move alot) I am the only serious beta tester left. Its finally after 2 years starting to show some promise.

Edited by Hurin

im still hoping that they would soon choose the testers :) even though i found this site soon a month ago.

i wouldnt mind if i wouldnt be choosen. id like just to know what other people thinked about this game after testing :)

Edited by general

I definitely hope I'm selected as one of those 20-30 people.

After all, I was Angel Mod at Rise & Fall Heaven for 2 years. Does that count?

Because of that, I was also selected as one of the few to fly down to Ensemble Studios and play Age3 before it was released.

:)

• 2 weeks later...