an apartment ...

Yes well, its now time for little Øyvind (thats me) to go out in the world. Or at least move from home. I live really south in Norway, near a town called "Arendal", but moving to Stavanger (westside :)) after the summer ...

And of course i need an apartment where i can live and drink and play games and do homework, so well ... its really not easy!!

I can expect to have to pay like ... (have to calculate what it is in dollars) $1100 a month! Thats a lot of money for a student :<

Whats normal where you guys live? Maybe i can go to an university there instead ;)

My dorms are awesome ;) I have great roommates, my own room in the apartment, and excellent accomodations. As for small, not here :)

As for strict rules, the only ones I have to put up with are no parties, no smoking, no pets, and no weapons. And seeing as I don't drink or smoke, I have no worries at all.

In the Netherlands you pay around €250-300 a month for a 16 m² room, on average. Depends on which city you're planning to go to. Where I'll go you'll get something like 22 m² for that price. In Amsterdam and Utrecht probably 12 m². But it really depends on what place you're going to, how far it is from the center, what is included in the price (gas, water, elec) etc.

Edited by Argalius

Those are some small rooms :) My personal room is 120 square feet, with access to a full-sized kitchen, a bathroom, and a large common living room. Very good for the money ;)

I'm sure the no weapons is hard for you Paul.

Not at all! My whole body is a weapon after years of martial arts :) Besides my roommates this year are the best I could ask for, so the need for security is non-existant.