Mod Announcment - Colonial A.D. : Conquer the World...again

Tathar

------------------

colonialadcopy1.png------------------

Introduction

Friends, Forummers and Viewers I pronounce my project Colonial A.d..

The project is currently underway anywayz I'l be hoping to update this thread bi-weekly. Enjoy the showcase

Mod Details:

This mod will be the sequal to Belisarivs's: "Medival A.D. : For Honour and Glory" mod

units-5%

buildings-0%

techs-0%

other-0%

Screenshots

Picture Link 1 - Coming Soon.

Picture Link 2 - Coming Soon.

Picture Link 3 - Coming Soon.

Picture Link 4 - Coming Soon.

Edited by Tathar

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All models I create will be available for free and you can borrow and use/edit them at will.

It seems, that we two are for now the only ones interested in development of mods of such scale.

Edit:

BTW, you have mistake in your logo. There is ritten Colnial A.D.

Edited by Belisarivs

Basic Unit Ideas:

British

Heavy Calvary:

Lancer

Heavy cavalry armed with a lance for killing infantry.

Cuirassier

Heavy cavalry with a trample attack.

Ruyter

Powerful cavalry available only from the Fortress.

Horse Archers

Cavalry Archer

Ranged cavalry. Good against cavalry.

Light Calvary

Hussar

Light Cavalry armed with cold steel.

Dragoon

Light Cavalry armed with duel pistols. good against infantry.

t

Infantry:

Explorer

The leader of your New World colony. Explores, fights, builds Town Centers and Trading Posts.

Musketeer

Heavy ranged infantry. Armed with a bayonet to beat cavalry.

Pikeman

Archaic heavy infantry. Good against cavalry and buildings.

Highlander

Powerful Musketeer from Scotland.

Grenadier

Light infantry/artillery that throws grenades to defeat infantry or buildings.

Skirmisher

Light infantry with low hitpoints, but a long-ranged attack. Good against infantry.

Foot Archers

Longbowman

Archaic long-ranged archer. Good against infantry.

Crossbowman

Archaic archer. Good against infantry.

Naval:

Fishing Boat.

Gathers Food from Fish or Whales.

Caravel.

Good at exploring, fishing or transport.

Frigate.

Heavy war ship.

Galleon.

Slow, powerful ship resistant to building fire that can train units.

Monitor.

Mortar ship good at bombarding buildings at great range.

Artillery:

Falconet

Light artillery. Better against infantry than buildings.

Culverin

Light artillery. Good against other artillery.

Heavy Cannon

Heavy artillery. Good against infantry or buildings.

Mortar

Artillery that fires an exploding shell at buildings or ships.

Ottomans:

Coming soon

Why don't you add some asian cultures. Thats what Aoe 3 lacked, sure it had mercinaries, but thats not quite as good as a civ. i agree with Abadu, you should do more than just talk about America, I am an Aussie and this place was settled by England and we don't even get mentioned.

:blush:

Edited by Scipii_Alemanus

Why don't you add some asian cultures. Thats what Aoe 3 lacked, sure it had mercinaries, but thats not quite as good as a civ. i agree with Abadu, you should do more than just talk about America, I am an Aussie and this place was settled by England and we don't even get mentioned.

:blush:

Sorry, but don't you think, that you are too demanding? I mean, I think it is really planned, but one man (well, as I promised, I can help with modelling and texturing) cannot do everything.

There is no better thing about it you can do than join him and help. You'll soon find out, that it isn't that simple like typing one feature request.

Edited by Belisarivs

No offence, but I don't really see the point in this mod if it's almost identical to AOE3. I mean, if the colonization of Africa, Asia and Oceania is a theme, that's different... but not one just about the Americas again. Sure, you could make it more historically accurate, but AOE3 is already arguably the most accurate pre-WW1 RTS on the market (bar the campaign and some minor mistakes, of course).

I don't think the British had Ruyters either... for one thing their name is Dutch.

Edited by FirePowa8

No offence, but I don't really see the point in this mod if it's almost identical to AOE3. I mean, if the colonization of Africa, Asia and Oceania is a theme, that's different... but not one just about the Americas again. Sure, you could make it more historically accurate, but AOE3 is already arguably the most accurate pre-WW1 RTS on the market (bar the campaign and some minor mistakes, of course).

I don't think the British had Ruyters either... for one thing their name is Dutch.

This mod is planned to be sequel to my mod. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are factions, thich weren't included in AoE III. These could take part in this mod.

But how can you expect something magnificent from one man show?

I've observed your resigns of shieds. Yes, they are nice. No doubt about it.

But keep in mind, that it is only shield and for only one unit.

Tathar will have to create at least textures for dozens of units and modell other new ones (new ships for example).

This is incomparably greater amount of work. And even though I plan to help him, or at least provide him my models and textures, he is still alone.

Also in development of my mod aren't many people involved (in fact, I was really surprised how few are willing to join).

For now, team of mod "For Honour and Glory" contains only Tathar (who will be perhaps too busy with Colonial mod) and illirian (who didn't respond to my welcome to the mod developing team, yet).

So, be patient. And if you wish, join us. We'd be glad.

I'd like to know what civs and the like you're planning. I might be interested in joining For Honour and Glory, as I've started to take an interest in modding.

Well, I plan to include any nation. But actually, now we don't have menpower to achieve it.

I'm now preparing Byzantines and Bohemians (as mentioned in For Honour and Glory thread).

If someone is interested in other nations, he can just join our team and contribute his work.

Im only saying that WOULD be good if you have time expand the game(with the world colonization),but it can be an "x pack" of the mod

Come on. We all know, that it would be cool. However, it won't be that simple. And we have life to live, work to be done, school to be attended ...

We won't have time to do all alone. That is point.

I'm trying to persuade many people to join and contribute and only with partial effect.

Many people would like to have many features done by few people. That is all.

Edited by Belisarivs

You will see that when the game release,many people will join you team :D

I hope so.

Dear Belisarius,

I would like to join your team BUT i have

i) no programs or skills to mod... anything.

I had no skills before, too. Acutually, I have none still.

But I'm learning modelling in Blender which is for free. So, this shouldn't be problem for, you too.

BTW, none says, that you have to mod something. Historians are welcomed, too.

ii) I get barely anytime on the computer as I have a 20-year-old-University-student-brother who always has some essay or another to do.

:)

But now, he should have hollidays, shouldn't he?

Actually, this is between you and your brother.

So as I am trying to say, I cannot do this!

I understand. I'm not telling, that you are bad because you only want to get but don't want to give.

I'm just telling, that you are too demanding for now and you could help. Nothing else.

yeah as you can see this is going to be a large an mount of work.

Yes, it is.

but i cant realy start till the game is released.

But why? You can create models, you can create textures, do some history research and so... You can have everything prepared when game is released.

Edited by Belisarivs

How can we create models if we dont have an demo with the unit files?(sorry if its an idiot question,im not a good programer)

Simply.

Download Blender and create models of units with about 300 faces. When propper models are released, you'll just scale your models to propper size (remeber, it is just bunch of vectors, so scaling doesn't hurt them at all, unlike raster graphics)

However,i can make some non-compromised researchs,tell me,what are you planing civs?(to i try to research)

Great.

You are free to research any nation you'd like in game. In mod "For Honour and Glory" I'm in research of Byzantines and Bohemians, so if you can choose another ones (or comment my posts about research with your ideas).

BTW, if you speak about mod "For Honour and Glory" perhaps it would be good to post questions and so in appropriate thread and not confuse this one. If not, perhaps Tathar will answer you better. Thanks.

Edited by Belisarivs

Ok,lets start with civilization ideas(I choose a timeline from 1606 to 1775)

-The Kingdom of Spain

-The Kingdom of England

-The Kingdom of Portugal

-The Kingdom of France

-The Republic of Netherlands

-The Kingdom of Sweden

And ideas for native american nations,but I have no idea yet on how they will play:

-The Iroquois Confederation

-The Maya City-states

-The Hawaiian Kingdom

-The Guarani Tribes

-The Mapuche People

-The Apache People

-The Haida Tribes

Edited by Abadu

Hm. I think, that it would be best if civs differed more. I think, that between Spain and Russia there were bigger differences than few units.

You don't have to gather informations about too many units.

I'd choose one or two nations and gather informations about them and their units as Tathar did with British (perhaps you could be more complex and make units more original).

It also would be cool to make each civ unique if it comes to units until it hurts realism and gameplay.

Just imagine that you are modder. What do you need to know to create one nation? How unique it will be ....

BTW, these pictures are cool and it is viable to post them if you want to present some unit.

My suggestions are also:

Austria-Hungaria

Prussia

Turks

Saxony

Polish (I'd love to command group of Polish pride - Husaria - Winged Hussars)

Japan (would you really forget Samurais and Kensais, me not)

China

Perhaps Americans won't hurt, but their implementation would be somehow difficult.

Edited by Belisarivs

I will try poland,turks,austria(i dont like too much add americans because if they are add,some people could want their countrys(i would want brazil)).For me,i can search for many diferent units for each civ(of course,some can be already takened by AOE III,but this doesnt count),i only cant work with dates(for example,i have to research portugal for next week)ok?(and can i use other games units for the civs?

• 3 weeks later...