Mod Announcement - For Honour and Glory

Belisarivs

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool pics, Abadu (that musketeer is out of scope of mod which ends around 1492 and IIRC Huscarls were using two-handed axes and were Saxons). I had some issues with my graphic card. That is why I was inactive for some time.

I'm still trying to create texture for Klibanophoros. But it is rather hard. Much harder than 3d modelling.

I must do that promised gude so others can participate, too.

Could someone do texture editing? I can handle modelling, but those textures ... bah. Only some bitmap editor is needed (GIMP, Photoshop ....).

Edited by Belisarivs

I got them here:http://www.dbaol.com/armies.htm

Also,I will make latter a picture with all the unique super units(they will be more them 2)

Also,unfortunaly,im terrible at modding(some days ago,i tryed to mod AOE III and RTW,and i screwed al the files),but i will continue making researchs)

Also,are those civs that i sugested good?

And what about a unit counter line(Heavy ifantry kill cavalry that kill archers that kill...)?

Edit:Will the mod include the dark ages?

Edited by Abadu

Gl with your mod Mr, i should not say this, being all negative, but it is a LOT of work, making a mod =)

But good luck with it all, ill try the mod sometime when 0ad is done =)

Thanks. I know it and that is why I'm so desperately looking for someone to help me with texturing. Abadu does exellent search, but I need more help especially with that darned texturing.

Will we have a unit line?i mean,regular units,i sugest this:

-Militia

-Swordsman

-Spearman

-Ranged(bow or x-bow)

-Javelin

-Gunpowder(latter)

-Heavy cav

-Knight

-Light cav

-Trebuchet

-Onager

-Ram

-Bombard

And will we include the dark ages(i think tha would be good)?

Anyway,i will make more organized and "official civ planns tomorow

EDIT:Im thinking in divide the units im periods(early,medium,latter),more advanced,more upgrades and new units you have.What you think?

Edited by Abadu

I agree. I think, that Dark ages would be cool. But even timeframe 1000-1492 contains enough units and fun. And in fact it will be loooooooot of work. And for now, we are only two.

If you want for example 20 nations and with 10-20 units each, it means total of 200-400 units. Plus buildings, ships, techs ....

I'm thinking if I didn't take too much to handle it.

Yes, make it more organized. I'm thinking about something like AoK style. So, four periods with different units and so. So upgrade style shouldn't differ so much.

But if we divide in periods would be more easy,the early ages would represent the dark ages,and we would have some early units as the axe trower

And do you want the organized nation unit list with pictures?

And what nations of this list you want(Try to explain what nations you think that are important)?

-Japan

-China

-Mongol

-India

-Russia

-Scandnavia

-Viking

-Poland

-Byzantine mepire

-Holy Roman Empire

-Ottoman

-Arab empire

-Berber

-Egypt

-Portugal

-Spain

-Venice(Italy for add the genoese crossbowman)

-England

-France

-Switzerland

-Korea

Also,im sure that when 0 AD comes,a lot of people will join us

And if possible,take a look on the other mod(the colonial) and see the ideas and some of my pictures

Edited by Abadu

Lets try the new organization method:

BYZANTINES

Age I

-Skutatoi/Kontaroi spearman

-Psiloi Javelineer

-Toxotae archers

-Menevlatoi "cavalry killers"

-Varagian Guard

-Cataphract hravy cavalry

-Klibanophoroi ultra heavy cavalry

-Kavallaroi light cavalry

-Acritoi

Age II

-Psiloi Javelineer

-Toxotae archers

-Menevlatoi "cavalry killers"

-Varagian Guard

-Mourtatoi

-Stratiotae

-Acritoi

-Athanatoi

Age III

-Psiloi Javelineer

-Toxotae archers

-Gausmoli crossbowman

-Varagian Guard

-Mourtatoi

-Stratiotae

-Acritoi

Age IV

-Psiloi Javelineer

-Toxotae archers

-Gausmoli crossbowman

-Mourtatoi

-Stratiotae heavy pronoia

-Trapezitoi/Oikonomia light pronoia

-Acritoi

Edited by Abadu

I planned it to be rather modular.

I mean, when someone decides that some nation would be cool to add, that he would be free to create it and it would be added to the mod.

That is why I didn't make final decissions about it.

I hope, that someone will join us. But unfortunatelly, in two years (including this) I'll end my studies at the university (if things will go right) and thus will have to find job and start thinking about my own family and so. I just don't know if I'll be here to finish this mod as there would be other things which would draw my attention.

Those are bad news :shrug: ,but lets have hope,we dont know when 0 AD will be finished,i dont think thta it will take,lets say,2,3 or 4 years,i think that it will come early,So the people would join.Other problem is thta there are more people thta enter in general discursion forun them here,so we could open a topic there to call more people.Unfortunally,before i knew about the blender guide,i used blender and screwed the files(and for some reason,when you try to re instal,it comes how it was before unninstal B) )

But are my civs more organized now?

And say what you thnik about the civs list

You perform exellent search. It is better. Because images (when displayed) are little bit confusing. Not making it useless, but siply few lines of text is easier to pass by.

What is wrong with your Blender? You set it wrong so it doesn't behave as it should? Did you mess GUI or something else?

If it is with GUI, perhaps you could do screenshot, upload it to imageshack.us and post link.

In Windows I can't help much. I mean, I can derive some ideas or so, but those random failures are one of reasons I moved to Linux. erhaps you could try something like Total Uninstaller. It reads registry and so before installation of program, then it reads it after installation and saves which keys were changed. Then you could simply remove those changed keys.

The problem is thta i changed the configurations a LOT,and now i dont know how to make it back to how it was when i instal for the FIRST time

Any sugestions to i research?

And i had a idea,we could try to call the HG modders and see if they can learn modeling

And good lucjy with your studies :shrug:

Edited by Abadu

The problem is thta i changed the configurations a LOT,and now i dont know how to make it back to how it was when i instal for the FIRST time

Any sugestions to i research?

Well, I'd try to play with that Total Uninstaller. Data about configuration are perhaps stored in registry, so perhaps there would lie the problem.

And i had a idea,we could try to call the HG modders and see if they can learn modeling

Good idea. I already tried to convince Kor Bosch, but he refused.

And good lucjy with your studies :shrug:

Thanks.

In few days,i will be in my grandpa's house,so there i can instal the bleder and run it reading the guide

Latter i will try to call the HG menbers,because now(at last in AOE III foruns),all the modders are finishing their projects(im one of them,but im the researcher there,so i have more free time)

And i had this idea for the militia:Your peasants have opition to turn in 2 diferent militia that are bad units,but are cheaper(since peasants are cheap)

And what you think about a CTW style of game?(As RTW)

Edited by Abadu

• 2 weeks later...

I like the long Civ list along with all he different types of units, would make for very good gameplay (except balancing won't be fun to do)

I'd like to help, but I don't know what I'll be doing with this kinda thing when 0ad is released. I tend to bounce around to different projects and stuff. I was trying to make a game out one point a while back, team fell apart, tried again with a new setting fell apart again, now I've taken the reigns of a WW1 mod for Red Orchestra while still working a little bit on my game. Yea, I'm a mess.

But I could probably make a few models here and there, no promises though, and I doubt I'd be a full time member. If you ever need help, I'll most likely still be around here.

Edited by CrazyThumbs

This looks like its progressed heaps far since i was last here.

I would love to help (brothers on holidays) BUT i do not know how to use blender. I KNEW how to use 3dsmax but that was a year ago.

I guess im saying ill help u if u help me. :shrug:

Have a look. More such contests are up to come.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10557

There is no need for skill in Blender as I can handle 3d modeling for now. But help of someone skilled in 2d painting (GIMP, Photoshop ....) is welcomed.

I like the long Civ list along with all he different types of units, would make for very good gameplay (except balancing won't be fun to do)

Right you are. But I think, that this will be fairly easy compared to texture creation.

I'd like to help, but I don't know what I'll be doing with this kinda thing when 0ad is released. I tend to bounce around to different projects and stuff. I was trying to make a game out one point a while back, team fell apart, tried again with a new setting fell apart again, now I've taken the reigns of a WW1 mod for Red Orchestra while still working a little bit on my game. Yea, I'm a mess.

Hm, lets hope that same won't happen to us.

But I could probably make a few models here and there, no promises though, and I doubt I'd be a full time member. If you ever need help, I'll most likely still be around here.

Just do units at will. Specifications were already stated. There is also texture contest you may take part in if you wish.

None participates here, its so demotivating.

I can't texture for crap so I'm not even gonna try with that one.

May I ask how did you mean this?

You don't like my model?

I have made another models of horse.

One with trappings and one with the gothic mail.

I also started to create horseman for them.

Where should I upload them together with unwrapped texture? It has size about 40 kB.

Nice Voynik. How many faces does it have? Keep them low. Model of horse I've made has below 300.