The traileryu

RiderOfEternity

wow, I was actually thinking about that trailer just yesterday.. from what I remember it was created by the members of WFG and I think the sound department of SCNpunk or something similar did the sounds :P? could be completely wrong though.. it is the trailer with the whole "the barbarians drawth nigh?" thing going on right? was it in AVI or flash format?

Is that the 0 A.D. Promotional Trailer? That page says "voiceover work from Zeus Legion, of professional vocal studio, S.A.V.A.G.E." and "Sounds effects credits go to Wyrmwood." - I believe the rest was made by WFG members, though I wasn't around at that time.

(Oh, and do you happen to have the small version of it? I think we've lost that file and it might be nice to have it back :P)

This was slightly before I joined the project, but as I understand it, other than the impressive voiceover which was provided by a third party, it was all done by WFG members (using Poser figures (I believe the Roman centurion was a heavily facial-morphed version of Daz's Michael 2) superimposed onto Bryce scenes, if I recall correctly), with Wyrmwood doing the sound, Jason doing most of the art.

Pretty darn good for a first attempt, I have to say. It took a lot of man hours to put together.

Edited by Acumen

Wildfire Games

Presents

*hawk screeches*

The barbarians draweth nigh...

*hawk screeches again*

Rome waxed mightily... yet begins to wane...

:P:D

I have the large version. I believe I dled it when I joined the forums... whever that was. :P

Jason did use poser on that. I can confirm that because I recall me asking him how he made the trailer one day. :) It is a pretty good trailer, I must say.

Anyone notic the bug when the celtic bloke tosses his axe at the camera? For one frame when the axe is closest to the camera, its specular reflectivity reflects a whole bunch of off-scene blue background.

I was stunned by the trailer too when I saw it, it was a year or so before I joined when I saw it.

• 1 month later...