Jump to content

ssatguru

Community Newbie
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About ssatguru

  • Rank
    Tiro
  1. @stanislas69 You are probably right. I had VC++ 2017 toolset before. The workaround I presented before might allow one to use both. For now It seems to be working fine but then I haven' done much and I am a Visual Studio and c++ noob. More of a Java guy
  2. The instructions at https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions gives the impression that it might be supported. Here is what I found Setting up the build environment The game must be compiled with Microsoft Visual C++. You can get the free 2015 Community edition, or 2013 Express edition, here: Visual Studio older downloads. You can also install Visual Studio 2017 and choose to install the 2015 compiler (version 14.0).
  3. FYI I had issues building pyrogenesis using Visual Studio 2017 with VC++ 2015 compiler on Windows 10 I was getting following type of errors 1>------ Build started: Project: pyrogenesis, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Platforms\Win32\PlatformToolsets\v140_xp\Toolset.targets(36,5): warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSdkDir_71A variable from the registry. TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number. 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(366,5): warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry. TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number. 1>main.cpp 1>c:\projects-0ad\0ad\source\lib/external_libraries/opengl.h(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GL/gl.h': No such file or directory 1>Done building project "pyrogenesis.vcxproj" -- FAILED. ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== I eventually found out that the issue had to do with the value specified for PlatformToolset in the project property file (.vcxproj file) Changing <PlatformToolset>v140_xp</PlatformToolset> to <PlatformToolset>v140</PlatformToolset> in all the *.vcxproj file resolved this issue Thought I should post this in case others were struggling with this too.
×