Create Group does not work anymore on 17298P-release (22 nov 2015)

frita

When I do CTRL + 1 or any number

the group is unselected (and no number at left size like older version to select it).

it means no more blue circles around fighters selected to make a group.

I play SOLO with Very Hard AI (petro bot) with minimum visual effect and slow speed

Edit:

I uninstalled the game and installed again but it does not fix this bug.

Edited by frita

What operating system are you using?

Did it work with previous release?

Did you install some mod or manually customise your config files?

1. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (32bits) on Intel dual core E5700 3Ghz

2. Yes and I used a lot on previous release.

3. NO. only remove some graphic Options to speed up and activate FPS on screen.

To install again through Ubuntu Software Center, I have only 2 choices: this last release 0.19 (default) or a very old 0.16 (includes with ubuntu 14.04).

I would like install the previous version 0.18 to continue to play 0AD before you fix this bug on 0.19.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like install the previous version 0.18 to continue to play 0AD before you fix this bug on 0.19.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know enough of Ubuntu to give any advice for how to install the old version, though I would recommend to try and give some more information in case it's something that can be solved before taking that step. I just tried on my Ubuntu installation on my laptop, and it worked fine (though it's using 15.04 rather than 14.04 which might make a difference, my point is just that we need more information to find the cause).

Are you possibly using a different keyboard/keyboard layout? (Non-american? Dvorak?)

Have you changed any settings in a config file?

• Like 1

Are you possibly using a different keyboard/keyboard layout? (Non-american? Dvorak?)

Have you changed any settings in a config file?

1. I don't think it will solve this problem. I use English (US)

2. NO nothing.

For 0.18, I only remove some graphic Options to speed up and activate FPS on screen.

May be it will work on new Ubuntu release 16.04 LTS

May be it will work on new Ubuntu release 16.04 LTS

Well, it does work on 15.04, so if it is indeed the Ubuntu version that affects things then it should hopefully work on 16.04 as well. It's impossible to tell without more information though. Maybe there is someone else who has got 14.04 installed who could report whether it works for them or not :unsure:

Got a report on G+ (posted there asking for people who are using 14.04 and their experience with whether or not Ctrl groups work), and for him it works. He did say he's using a 64-bit version of 14.04 if that makes any difference. Hopefully more people will let us know of their experience so we can begin to narrow down the issue.

• Like 2

Got a report on G+ (posted there asking for people who are using 14.04 and their experience with whether or not Ctrl groups work), and for him it works. He did say he's using a 64-bit version of 14.04 if that makes any difference. Hopefully more people will let us know of their experience so we can begin to narrow down the issue.

Thanks Erik for you kind support.

Before this issue, I did not kwon that this game was multi-platform (windows, linux, mac ...).

Many OS, many version and many PC configuration.

May be my graphic card & driver is too old or I did some system change that this game version does not like.

• Like 1

Based on the currently provided facts I would guess that Ctrl + Num is bound to some desktop environment/graphical shell (GNOME, Unity etc.) and SDL2 respects such system bindings more than SDL1.2 (used in A18 package) did.

@frita, please check whether Ctrl + Num allows to switch tab in Firefox/Chrome (someone reported a possible related issue with cinnamon here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/554597/bind-the-ctrl-number-keys-to-firefox-in-ubuntu).

• Like 1

Based on the currently provided facts I would guess that Ctrl + Num is bound to some desktop environment/graphical shell (GNOME, Unity etc.) and SDL2 respects such system bindings more than SDL1.2 (used in A18 package) did.

@frita, please check whether Ctrl + Num allows to switch tab in Firefox/Chrome (someone reported a possible related issue with cinnamon here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/554597/bind-the-ctrl-number-keys-to-firefox-in-ubuntu).

Very interesting idea !

I checked.

Now, on Firefox it is only Alt + Num to switch tab. It works.

On Chrome, both Ctrl or Alt + Num to switch tab. Both works on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32bits.