Map Editor Lag and Switcheroo

KayEhn

So, two things i have noticed.

1) (As probably already said) When i have barely placed anything, not as much needed in-game to lag it, the editor jumps and skips around, lagging and causing my screen a lot. It takes quite a while when i want to get back to the original view i was at, and continue creating.

2) I have noticed that when i switch from a map-editing tool (like modify, flatten, ect.) and then back to character placing, or sometimes just randomly, it changes from 'Player 1' to Gaia automatically. This has caused me a little bit of stress, sometimes finding i have placed half of the map before finding my mistake. Any way of fixing this next time round? Thanks

-KayEhn

Not sure what kind of lag you are experiencing with the editor. Perhaps post your specs and other information.

-As in i press Q or E to rotate the view, it stops, and after a couple of seconds, jumps ahead, rotating further than i wanted by a lot. Same thing with movement. It happens so much, and freezes so much, i've gotten to saving and re-opening every couple of minutes.

About point number 2, yeah, that's bothered me more than a few times as well. Unfortunately, it's just not a high priority thing to fix. :/

-Okay, well at least i know i'm not the only one :)

1) (As probably already said) When i have barely placed anything, not as much needed in-game to lag it, the editor jumps and skips around, lagging and causing my screen a lot. It takes quite a while when i want to get back to the original view i was at, and continue creating.

Atlas is designed to pause when you are inactive so it doesn't use up lots of cpu in th background. I find this doesn't quite work correctly on my PC (I think this is the cause, not certain though). If I constantly move the mouse then everything runs smoothly, otherwise it is very jerky, maybe you have the same thing happening.

This topic http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15900&pid=237336&st=0entry237336 might help you with where the map editor saves file.

Atlas is designed to pause when you are inactive so it doesn't use up lots of cpu in th background. I find this doesn't quite work correctly on my PC (I think this is the cause, not certain though). If I constantly move the mouse then everything runs smoothly, otherwise it is very jerky, maybe you have the same thing happening.

This topic http://www.wildfireg...=0 might help you with where the map editor saves file.

Thank you so much! :D Moving the mouse around has proven to cut down on the lag quite a bit!